What information do we need for selecting and sizing the mass flow meters and controllers?
Always provide a description of your application, why and how you want to use the units in your process.
At the very minimum we need the following information:
- Gas (Specify all components if it is a gas mixture with their %)
- Maximum and minimum flow and they units (f.i. ln/min or Gr/hr)
- Pressure at the installation point (Inlet of the flow meter)
- In case of a mass flow controller the pressure behind the Mass flow controller (Your process pressure)
- Minimum and maximum gas and ambient temperature
- How is the device to be read out/controlled: visually on site / by means of analog signal (please define, e.g. 4-20 mA) / digitally via standard software get-red-y / SPS / client’s own system
- Position (vertical/Horizontal) and any specific mounting and location information (f.i. required IP rating or Ex certification)